Wednesday, June 27, 2007

New Shawl in Progess

Just received the yarn that I ordered from KnitPicks and got started on a new Faroese shawl that I'm calling Faroese Chevrons. It's inspired by Sylvia Harding's Faroese Peaks shawl from KnitPicks. I'm using Gossamer in Rose Garden which is a handpainted merino in orange, yellow, and reddish rust. It's a little bright but I love the way it looks. I will definitely stand out in a crowd when I wear it! I plan on sharing the pattern once I get the shawl done and I make sure that it works.

I also received the yarn that I ordered to knit the Heere Be Dragone shawl. It's KnitPick's Shadow in Campfire, a kind of flame colored orange that I think is very "dragon appropriate". It will be a while before I get started on the Dragone but will definitely post picture as I go on it.

Well, I'm on my lunch hour and really need to get back to work. Too much to do and, as usual, too little time.

No comments: